Saturday, July 9, 2011

Health & Weight Update

Tons of people who run told me that once I started running, the weight would just fall off.  I must say, that up until this week, I was seriously doubting their sanity.

I gained 2 pounds in the first month.  Then I read an article about running and weight loss.  It said to not get discouraged if you gain some or maintain your weight at first.  Muscle weighs more than fat and you're using muscles you weren't before.  I thought.....ok, that makes sense.

I weighed today and I've now lost 6 pounds!!  Whoo hoo!!  (Don't blink or you'll miss my rapidly shrinking butt)  lol  Ok, I know......I have a long way to go.  I'm ok with that. 

Of course, I am still smoking.  :/  But I have cut back on my intake of cigarettes.  All in good time, all in good time.  We're getting there, even if we're traveling by babysteps.  :D

1 comment: