Sunday, June 26, 2011

I did it!

It felt great to be running again.  Calf muscles were screaming just a bit, even with stretching beforehand but no shin pain, or mouth pain.  http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/38934408/

It was a shorter run than I would normally do, but I didn't want to push it and the weather looked questionable and I didn't want to be caught in a rainstorm.  I will run again tomorrow.  Besides, this isn't a race I'm running, this is a life change I'm making. 

The best thing about it is, that as I was running, I was thinking of things, smells, feelings, things I wanted to remember to write about and I forgot I was running.  I was trying to think of relaxing my hands as I ran (I have a tendency to clench) and to hold my arms out just a little to improve my posture.   That's when I realized I ran almost 2 blocks without walking!  The endurance I was just beginning to build hasn't decreased.  yay!!

And I have to say as someone who spent the majority of her life with really short hair, I love the way my ponytail swings back and forth as my feet hit the pavement.  That seems like such a small thing, but one more enjoyable thing about running for me.  I spent so much of my life disliking the idea of running that I'm relieved to know that I still like it after being layed up for awhile. 

Looking forward to tomorrow.

Roni

No comments:

Post a Comment